Town on the banks of river Tichá Orlice in Žamberk´s hill country. First mentioned in the year 1308 as the small settlement near the castle Kyšperk. The castle has been desolated in the 15th century and inhabitants used the walling to the building of chapel of St. Jan Nepomucký on the oposite hill. The town originated in 16th century. In 19th century there are established the match-factory. You can see there the collection of Baroque town-houses. The Renaissance chateau was built on the rests of former castle in the years 1680-85. Last rebuilding is from the year 1931. Interesting is also the Baroque church of St. Wenceslas from the year 1680 with rich figurative ornate interieur.

Infocentre - Václavské nám. 77, 561 51 Letohrad, tel./fax: +420-465 622 092, e-mail: info@letohrad.cz

Letohrad Letohrad
Letohrad
Letohrad Letohrad
New Yard
Town square in Letohrad Town square in Letohrad
Chateau from town-square
Park in Letohrad Park in Letohrad
Park
Castle in Letohrad Castle in Letohrad
Chateau
Church of St. Václav in Letohrad Church of St. Václav in Letohrad
Church of St. Wenceslas
Letohrad Letohrad
Letohrad